We’re almost ready to release the future of Green Star. To give you plenty of time, we’re announcing key dates for those looking to register under our current rating tool, Green Star – Design & As Built.
What do I need to know?
- We plan to release Green Star Buildings between 30 September and 15 October 2020.
- We will accept registrations for Green Star – Design & As Built v1.3 until 31 December 2021.
- The release of Green Star Buildings marks the beginning of the transition period.
What is the transition period?
Between the release of Green Star Buildings and 31 December 2021:
- you can register a building under Green Star Buildings or Green Star – Design & As Built
- you can choose to upgrade your building’s Green Star Design & As Built registration to Green Star Buildings for free
- you cannot move from Green Star Buildings to Green Star – Design & As Built.
We will create crosswalks between current and future Green Star rating tools to assist those looking to upgrade their registration, and those seeking to make use of the improved credits in Green Star Buildings.
What else do I need to know?
- Registration has occurred when the Certification Agreement is executed, and Certification fee has been paid.
- There are rules in the Certification Agreement as to how long you can take from registration to certification.
- In most cases, this period is three years.
If you believe you may not be able to meet these deadlines with your current or upcoming Green Star – Design & As Built registration, please contact us at email@example.com.
What about the other rating tools?
- Green Star – Design & As Built v1.2: registrations end 30 September 2020.
- However we will consider exceptions for projects that are subject to NCC2016.
- There are no other announcements about transitioning the other rating tools.
We are incredibly excited about the future of Green Star. More information is on its way on Green Star Buildings. In the meantime, should you need anything or have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.