As a member of Green Building Council of Australia, you’re joining a community of more than 650 organisations who are demonstrating their commitment to the sustainable transformation of the built environment.
We welcome organisations of any size and sector that want to make our buildings, cities and communities better places to live, work and play.
We see Green Building Council membership as crucial to demonstrating our commitment to a sustainable built environment. We give our clients a level of comfort that we're engaged in the discussion, both with them as well as downstream in the supply chain with our trade partners and our suppliers.
Joe Karten, Head of Sustainability and Social Impact at Built
By becoming a member, you are not only championing the sector, but you also open the door to a host of benefits, opportunities and savings.
GBCA is recognised internationally as the leading authority on the sustainable built environment. By associating yourself with GBCA, you are giving a clear message that your company takes sustainability seriously and supports of the work the GBCA does to advance our industry.
Membership allows you to keep up to date with the latest industry information. Our members get free access to published information such as Green Star reports and submission guidelines, advocacy papers, policy positioning papers, business cases, roadmaps and industry guides. Members also have access to our training resources at discounted rates including online Green Star and professional development courses, in-house training and annual events.
Membership opens the door to one of Australia’s leading sustainable property professional networks. We can facilitate introductions within the network to increase your knowledge, trade information, grow your profile, build long-standing industry relationships and give you exposure to likeminded people. We host member social networking function and events.
Members are called on to help inform our policy work through participating in industry round tables and in the development of Green Star standards through working group nomination and participation. As a member, you are given the opportunity to nominate yourself to join:
• Industry Advisory Groups
• Technical Advisory Groups
• Expert Reference Panels
• GBCA’s Board of Directors
• Green Star Certified Assessor Panel
• Local government roundtables
• Use your membership logo as a symbol of green leadership.
• Profile your organisation’s services in our online Member Directory
• Showcase your achievements through Green Star case studies and stories.
• Partner with us for the year or for a specific event.
• Be invited to present at courses and events.
Membership covers all employees within your organisation’s Australian operations. A range of discounts help you stay informed, develop your staff and achieve Green Star certification for less.
• View Green Star Technical Manuals and Submission Guidelines online free of charge.
• Save up to $5,000 per project on Green Star project registration fees.
• Attend GBCA training courses and events at discounted member rates of up to 40 percent off.
• Access preferential rates for our Continued Professional Development program.