We agree to be bound by and abide by the terms of the Constitution of the Council until we cease to be a member or the Constitution is repealed or modified in accordance with the Corporations Act 2001 (whichever occurs first).
We agree to abide by the Code of Conduct attached to this application. In particular, we agree to contribute up to $2.00 to the assets if the Council in accordance with rule 3.2 of the Constitution.
As a member of Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) we hereby acknowledge to adhere to the following:
- to promote the construction and use of buildings and other infrastructure that are environmentally responsible, sustainable, efficient, profitable and healthy places to live and work;
- applicants for membership under the Sole Trader category, are duly authorized to confirm that their organisation meets the conditions governing the Sole trader category and should these conditions change, will contact the GBCA to upgrade the membership immediately;
- to foster a closer association between people in the building industry and other sectors who are involved in the construction, use and promotion of environmentally responsible buildings;
- to be Australia's principal coalition of leaders from the building industry involved in promoting environmentally responsible buildings;
- to encourage the dissemination and development of knowledge regarding environmentally responsible building practices in the building and related industries;
- to campaign for the wider recognition of environmentally responsible buildings and lead market transformation of the building industry;
- to publicise environmentally responsible building practices within the building industry and the wider community generally;
- to act as a focal point for information on environmentally responsible building to consumers and the building industry;
- to act a lead partner in research projects into environmentally sustainable building and evaluation metric;
- to support and encourage teaching and research programs aimed at raising the knowledge and skill base of green building practitioners and in particular to actively work to align relevant publicly funded research to the practice/market requirements for innovation and development in green building implementation;
- to participate in public debate on environmental issues within the building industry;
- to campaign, solicit or otherwise obtain funds to be applied towards the above objects;
- to not in any way disparage the work or objects of GBCA, its officers or employees, including its Green Star rating tools, or commence or threaten any legal or other proceedings or claims against or in respect of any of them.
Please note membership fees and subscriptions are not refundable should membership cease part-way through a subscription.