What are the benefits of in-house training?
In-house training allows you to:
- train large numbers of staff at a significantly lower per head cost
- participate in customised training that caters to the needs of your staff and your organisation’s business objectives
- invite and engage with your key clients, suppliers and contractors to ensure you’re working together with the same knowledge and understanding of Green Star
- learn from the most experienced industry professionals - the Green Star Faculty team and the GBCA’s Green Star staff
- choose a time and location for training that suits you
- demonstrate to your clients and stakeholders your commitment to training in sustainability.
In-house training fosters a ‘team’ approach to Green Star and also provides an opportunity for team building through learning.
What does the GBCA provide?
- A course presenter: a member of our highly experienced Green Star Faculty team will be selected, based on their skills, experience and location.
- Course materials: we will provide any teaching materials required for the training.
- Tailored courses: you will have the opportunity to approach GBCA in advance to discuss your organisational training requirements, to ensure that the training provided meets your organisational objectives.
- CPD points: any in-house training participant who is involved in the GBCA’s CPD program will earn CPD points
What do I need to provide?
- The training venue: this may be your workplace or another appropriate venue as selected by you. Please note when selecting a venue that ‘green’ venues assist in demonstrating the ethos of green building by providing a practical example of green building design and/or construction.
- List of Attendees
- Relevant AV equipment
- Catering as needed
How much does it cost?
The GBCA aims to make training as cost effective and accessible as possible. Costs associated with in-house training will depend on the course and level of customisation required, as well as the membership status of the organisation requesting training.