GBCA’s 2019 Election Priorities
Healthy, resilient and sustainable places are the foundation of every strong society. Having the conditions to foster these places should be a priority for all governments.
With the Federal Election just months away, the Green Building Council has prepared a policy agenda to help drive sustainability across our built environment and address a number of challenges facing our communities.
The Election Platform presents recommendations on a variety of issues including:
- Carbon Positive buildings – policies that help Australia to realise the potential for emissions reduction across the buildings sector.
- Strong government leadership – policies that provide business certainty and spur new investment in design and construction practices as well as innovative technologies and business models.
- Cities and Communities – policies that boost productivity, support better governance and realise co-benefits in our cities and communities.
- Smarter infrastructure investments – policies to deliver broader social, economic and environmental value through our social infrastructure investments.
- Affordable, sustainable housing – policies that encourage industry and government working together to deliver great homes.
Read the Election Platform here.
Read our recommendations under individual chapters here:
Initiative 1: Carbon Positive buildings
Initiative 2: Strong government leadership
Initiative 3: Cities and communities
Initiative 4: Smarter infrastructure investments
Initiative 5: Affordable, sustainable housing
The GBCA takes a genuine interest in these policy areas on behalf our members and the built environment sector and our Platform is designed to help us advocate these issues to all sides of politics.
If you have any suggestions on our Election Platform, please feel free to email us.
Your feedback will help us to deliver better outcomes for the built environment and the community.