About the job
- Join Australia’s leading authority on sustainable buildings and communities
- Provide technical & project management support for Green Star Certification and development of rating tools that deliver transformation of the built environment
- Flexible working arrangements and certified as a Great Place to Work company
The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) was established in 2002 and is the nation’s authority on sustainable buildings and communities. Our mission is to accelerate the transformation of Australia’s built environment into one that is healthy, liveable, productive, resilient and sustainable. We work with industry and government to encourage policies and programs that support our mission. We also educate thousands of people each year on how to design and deliver sustainable outcomes for Australia’s buildings and communities.
We employ over 60 staff and our national office is based in the 6 Star Green Star rated Barangaroo precinct in Sydney; but our flexible team works across Australia. We have been certified as a Great Place to Work every year since 2019. For further insight from past and current employees on GBCA’s working environment, head to Glassdoor and SEEK company reviews.
For more information on how the GBCA is transforming the built environment, please refer to our website www.gbca.org.au.
Your new opportunity
In this role you will provide technical expertise and project management services, including support of technical requirements for Green Star certification, and support for internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver transformation of the built environment.
You will also work on the development and implementation of designated Green Star rating tools. This will include delivering new versions and guidance, or updates to existing resources, to ensure rating tools are technically transformative, robust and relevant to the market.
This is a full-time role based in Sydney.
Your new responsibilities
- Managing stakeholder involvement, leading expert reference panels, and ensuring the successful adoption and approval of technical guidance in relation to rating tools. This will include collating feedback, developing actions for approval, and managing project timelines.
- Identifying and establishing processes, and maintaining information within project management systems, as you assist in the operationalisation of rating tools.
- Approving technical questions and answering complex queries from stakeholders and project teams in relation to Future Focus rating tools.
- Leading the development and introduction of additional pathways with the appropriate guidance needed for projects to achieve certification.
- Assisting in the development of Green Star objectives including digitisation of rating tools
- Collaborating with the broader GBCA teams to understand Green Star tools and developing resources that support the understanding and use of new rating tools.
- Facilitating and developing thought leadership papers and guidance documents to support the outcomes of Green Star.
- Assisting in the preparation, development, delivery and upkeep of education and training material for industry in relation to Green Star.
Your skills and experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in design, construction and operation of sustainable buildings, infrastructure, communities and precincts or sustainability related industries.
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Strong understanding of the urban development industry, market related issues and ability to identify opportunities to engage in market issues.
- Proven experience in working within multidisciplinary teams.
- Organisational skills with the ability to manage competing deadlines.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strategic thinking and/ or planning skills.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Health and wellbeing program including boot camp, pilates, yoga and mindfulness
- Up to an additional 5 days paid leave (Contribution Leave) each year
- Employee Discount Program (Rewards Gateway)
How to apply
Please apply through SEEK including a covering letter and resume addressed to Caroline Daley, HR Manager.
Closing date for applications: COB 5.00pm on 30 March 2023.
For more information and a copy of the position description please contact Alicia Keenan on Ph: 02 8239 6200.
We aim to create a diverse work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.